Warning signs your electricals are giving you
Published: October 10, 2019 Last Updated: June 01, 2021
Too often unfortunately until it is too late, householders ignore the warning signs their electricals are giving them. Electricity is an energy source we take for granted, it is always there but nevertheless, it is a very dangerous energy source.
Watmar electricians over our many years of being is business see electricals giving off warning signs that things aren’t quite right. We’ve put together a list of signs that should set off some alarm bells with you if these are happening in your home or business.
- Experiencing a shock when touching power points, light switches, taps, metal fittings for appliances
- Smoke emitting from power points, light switches or appliances
- Power points or light switches that are warm or hot to touch
- Frequently blown fuses and circuit boards tripping
- Power points emitting a buzzing noise
- Burning smells from power points
- Sparking power points
- Flickering lights
If you experiencing any of these, it indicates there is definitely an electrical issue. Contact Watmar Electrical Contractors as soon as possible to avoid potential electrocution or fires.