Energy saving tips
Published: October 10, 2019 Last Updated: March 01, 2021
Conserving energy has been a catch cry for many households and businesses as the cost of living continues to rise without a reprieve in sight. Local electricians, Watmar Electrical Contractors, based on the Gold Coast, have been providing a range of energy efficiency solutions for homeowners and business owners for many years now.
To save energy usage and ultimately your energy costs, our electricians share some energy saving tips that you might find useful:
- Turn off any lights that aren’t being used.
- Turn off at the wall any appliances like TV’sthat are sitting on standby power.
- Place refrigerators and freezers in well ventilated spots.
- Keep temperature gauge at a reasonable level.
- Only run the dishwasher when it is full.
- Ensure the washing machine has a full load before running and use cold water.
- Air dry clothes where possible rather than using a clothes dryer.
- Iron clothes in one go, rather that turning it on for one thing at a time.
- Replace halogen lights and downlights with LED lights.
- Keep curtains and blinds drawn in colder temperatures to keep heat in.
- Only run air conditioning when necessary and at a maximum of 24 degrees in summer. If leaving the room turn it off.
- Install ceiling fans to reduce running of air conditioning.
- Install water saving shower heads so less hot water is used.
- Use sensor lights outside to avoid outdoor lighting being left on all night.
- Install solar power to save on electricity costs.
To discuss how to more energy efficient at your home or business, contact the team at Watmar Electrical Contractors. We are local electricians based on the Gold Coast, ready to assist you with any electrical needs.